Film Industry TrainingThe Georgia Film Academy non-credit certification program is comprised of 18 credit hours specifically designed to provide students with
The Georgia Film Academy non-credit certification program is comprised of 18 credit hours specifically designed to provide students with a basic level of on-set film production skills, knowledge, and experience with film-industry standard organizational structure, professional equipment, and on-set procedures.
The first course, Introduction to On-Set Film Production, combines classroom instruction and hands-on experience with industry-standard equipment. The GFA also offers Specialty Craft Courses for advanced training in specialized crafts like Set Construction & Scenic Painting, Lighting & Electric and Grip & Rigging and Post Production/AVID.
Eligible students may apply for the competitive GFA Film & Television Production Internship course where they learn and hone their craft while working on the crew of a professional production.
Introduction to On-Set Film Production
Fall 2021: Thursday, August 18 – December 7
Location: OFS Studios, 6305 Cresent Drive, Norcross, GA 30214
Course Fee: $750
For information call 404-225-4487 or email [email protected]
The GFA is a unique-in-the-nation, state-wide effort which will provide you with:
- Multi-disciplinary training by professionals in the film, TV, and new media industries.
- In classroom coursework coupled with on-set, hands-on training.
- Opportunity to work on “real world” projects in order to develop recognized film credits, through partnerships with professional productions.
- Hands-on instruction and training working with a package of professional equipment (cameras, sound gear, lights, etc.) as well as production trucks, generators and sound studio space.
- One-on-one job counseling to include resume preparation, job research, and job placement outreach.
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
6305 Cresent Drive, Norcross, GA 30071