Did you know the average American generates:
4.4 POUNDS of Trash & Recyclables per DAY!
That adds up to 250 million TONS per YEAR!!
Below is a handy chart of what you can recycle.
Per City of Johns Creek’s Solid Waste Ordinance:
Every house in Johns Creek has weekly recycling pickup.
- -Recycle all glass (they separate the different colors of glass).
- -Plastics, steel and aluminum cans, scrap metal
- -Newspaper, junk mail, cardboard
- -Cooking oil, automotive oil, etc
- -Printers (for free), but electronics with screens cost $10, and refrigerators cost about $25 to remove Freon.
- -Lions Club box for used glasses & hearing aids.
- -There’s also a manned Goodwill truck there for donations
- -A shed box for used books or donate gently used books to lobby trash barrels at Spruill Library for resale.