At the July 25th, 2017 Johns Creek City Council Town Hall, multiple residents complained about the overwhelming material in the Comp Plan, stating that it is very hard to review. The 244-page report is heavy on images and non-essential details and is a monumental task just to review – even at a high level. Many of the before-and-after maps contain the same colors but represent different uses, creating confusion.*
Multiple suggestions were given to the Council and City Manager, both of whom agreed were reasonable and doable.
- -Create a ‘lighter’ version, that had the important changes
- -Create an Understandable ‘before’ & proposed ‘after’ map
- -Compartmentalize the proposed changes by Character area
- -Provide copies of the Comp Plan draft to pass around at City Hall meetings, leave in the libraries & other common areas.
It has been 45 days since the City Manager & City Council agreed to the suggestions, and NONE of have taken place.
Though the City did not make it easier for you to understand, the JCP will!!
Another concerning proposed change is dividing the Shakerag area and moving a large part of it into the McGinnis Ferry Area.*** Doing so would increase the allowable density. Residents in that area prefer to remain in Shakerag with its current low density.
The most offensive new road proposed, abuts the Macedonia Freed Slave Cemetery. As if it wasn’t desecrated enough, the Consultants and City Staff included the road in the draft plan.^* It is envisioned with potential redevelopment of 3 stories of mixed use.
The following were indicated as potential roundabouts.^**
- Old Alabama Road at Spruill Road Potential Roundabout
- Old Alabama Road at Autrey Falls Way Potential Roundabout
- Jones Bridge Road at Morton Road Potential Roundabout
- Bell Road at Old Homestead Trail/C.C Park Potential Roundabout
- Jones Bridge Road at Sargent Road Potential Roundabout
- Bell Road at Rogers Circle (south) Potential Roundabout
- Bell Road at Rogers Circle (north) Potential Roundabout
- Buice Road at Spruill Road Potential Roundabout
- Morton Road at Cameron Forest Parkway Potential Roundabout
- Jones Bridge Road at Douglas Road Potential Roundabout
- Bell Road at Rogers Bridge Road Potential Roundabout
- Parsons Road at Wilson Road Potential Roundabout
- Sargent Road at Findley Road Potential Roundabout
- Old Alabama Road at Waits Ferry Crossing Potential Roundabout
September 15th is when Public Feedback ends, and the Comp Plan moves forth to Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) unless City Council extends it.
Provide FEEDBACK to City Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comprehensive Land Use Plan – Draft
- Historic Resources Survey Report
- * = Pages 14 & 15 Comp plan draft
- ** = Page 15 Comp plan draft
- *** = Pages 10 & 11 Comp plan draft
- **^ = Page 183 Comp plan draft
- ^ = Page 5 Historic Resources Survey Report
- ^* = Pages 136, 137, 212, 213 Comp plan draft
- ^** = Pages 170, 172 Comp plan draft
- *^ = Page 212 Comp plan draft
- ^^* = Pages 153 Comp plan draft
Source: City of Johns Creek