Truth, Lies & Videotape: State Bridge Townhome “Megaplex” Zoning Meeting. It was SRO, “Standing Room Only” with HOA representatives & Homeowners from all over Johns Creek speaking out against the 208 Townhome “Megaplex” that is proposed next to Johns Creek High School.
As expected, lots of lies, spin & deflection came from the Developer, Attorney & Property Owners.
We Debunk the Lies & Misinformation
The Developer stated that they can currently build 75 homes.
This is False. City Staff told the JCP, 11 homes can currently be built, and they will correct the Developer. Yet City Staff is wrong. See below: they have the property zoning incorrect according to the Property tax records. We’ve calculated approximately 33 houses could currently be built.
Dagmar Sands (Property Owner & Realtor) wrote on the Preserve Johns Creek website the community will be 55 +.
This is False. It will be “All Ages” according to the Developer & Attorney.
Developer asserts the townhomes will be for older, downsizing people with little impact to the schools.
This is untrue. Older people do not want multi-story units with stairs. All units are without 1st-floor bedrooms. Those without kids are not seeking to live next door to a high school AND an elementary school across the street hearing children and teens all day.
The developer asserted the Cameron Parc townhouses were of little impact to the schools.
This is false. We did Freedom of Information Act Requests for that zoning case report estimates & Fulton County Board of Education actual enrollment.
Below is the Estimated & Actual Data of Cameron Parc Subdivision
Errors in the Application & Staff Internal Memo:
- The Applicant described the current zoning as undeveloped. This is False. The Internal Memo has all parcels zoned as R-1. This is incorrect.
- 2 parcels are zoned R-4A
- 6 parcels are zoned R-1
- The Applicant indicated JCHS is zoned for Mixed Use. This is FALSE. It is R-4A
Community Zoning Mtg: JCP was FB Live
City Staff turned off the Cameras, after the Developer’s presentation. This displayed how favorable the developers are treated within the City of Johns Creek. They get the mic and full video streaming, to state whatever they want without rebuttal or fact-checking.
As soon as it was the residents & taxpaying homeowners turn to speak and ask questions, they did not get equal treatment.
Thus, Johns Creek Post did a FB LIVE Video
of the Q & A with the Developer at the meeting.
– Please forgive the shaking camera and occasional lack of focus. It was our first time doing this. We will improve! –
Be sure to Like our FB page, as we will be doing more FB Lives & additional posts about Johns Creek news & events!
Additional Concerns from Residents:
- Clear Cutting of parcels & removal of Specimen Trees
- Additional impervious surfaces
- Additional Stormwater runoff
- Reduced Landscape Strip – Units close to the road
- Lack of adequate Deceleration & Acceleration Lanes
- Many units are single car garages
- Bare Minimum Parking Spaces
- Undeveloped areas of the property are a large stream swath & retention ponds. No recreation.
- Lack of Amenities – Medlock Bridge Concerned about potential misuse of their facilities (playgrounds, pools, tennis, etc)
- Allowability of 30% as Rentals
Sources: Fulton County Property Records, Fulton County Board of Education, & City of Johns Creek